Yay! My first meme! I am a movie fanatic – rather particular about them. I shall not foist it off on anyone else but would love to see the rest of you put up your lists!
The Weird 24 Movie Meme
(Found at Billy’s)
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Out of Africa, Aliens, Tremors
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
I shall admit this never again – Footloose. Hey, I was in a special “stage” of life.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
There are several – some merely because they aren’t Socialists…Robert Duvall, Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, Adam Baldwin (gotta love that Jayne), Nicole Kidman (c’mon – even I wouldn’t kick her outta bed!), Angelina Jolie (same, same), Emma Thompson (sheer genius in terms of talent)
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
To scavenge someone else’s list: Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Aliens (“All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal’s a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps! “, “Game over man… Game over!”, “Marines, we are LEAVING!”) Monty Python and the Holy Grail ( “go away or I shall taunt you a second time.”, “It’s just a flesh wound.”, “ she’s got huge… tracts of land.)
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Sound of Music is easy enough. I know most of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, too.
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Oh, dear…the Firefly series would be top of the list tho it’s not a movie, really.
9. Name a movie that you own.
Geez! The DVD, VHS or Laser Disc? I guess Aliens is the one I’d grab in a fire. Laser Disc, huge editors version.
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Hmmm. I guess Billy Bob might have been someone that I would never have predicted to make it, regardless of his prior life.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
I think I did once but could not tell you what it was – way too young.
12. Ever made out in a movie?
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Pretty useless fodder out there, now. I would like to see 300, though.
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Don’t think so. I don’t go to many – has to be worth my time and money.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Gladiator – Scene 1 wherein his clean gear told me he was already dead.
Not usually – I’ll take a handful from yours but Twizzlers are my snack of choice.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Very rarely. Perhaps once every three months. Mostly due to lack of something worthwhile.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Mmm…it might have been The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe! Either that or Pride and Prejudice (gloriously done).
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
A very well-done period piece will always get me as will excellent military/action fare. Sci-fi but it had better be very good.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
I think it was Snow White. The one I really remember, though, is Blazing Saddles.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Any of the American Pie’s. I know, I know – guys love them. I think they’re juvenile.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada – fantastic but quite strange. The Fifth Element and Fargo are also very different.
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
Easily – The Exorcist. Seven is a close 2nd.
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Oh, man…Monty Python of any variety…but Blazing Saddles is also fantastic. And Serenity/all the Firefly eps have incredible humor.